Where can I purchase your products?
- We have distributors across the United States and Canada
- You can contact us for information about distributors near you
- If a distributor is not available in your area, you can purchase from us directly
- Complete one of the three (3) order forms here
What information is needed to place an order?
Orders can be placed by our stock number or by manufacturer information of what you are matching.
- Product type
- Color Rite, Color Sil, Poly-Sil, etc…
- Color Rite: 5.5 oz Squeeze Tube OR 10.5 oz Cartridge
- Color Sil: 10.3 oz Cartridge ONLY
- Poly-Sil: 6 oz Cartridge ONLY
- TR Series: 10.3 oz Cartridge ONLY
- CS Grout Caulk: 10.3 oz Cartridge ONLY
- Mist: 4 oz Accessory Pack, 32 oz Spray, OR 128 oz Refill
- Bead Tool: Single OR 10-Pack
- Exact number required
- Desired Finish (if available)
- Manufacturer Information
- Manufacturer Name
- Item Number
- Color Name
- EX: Formica 892 Pumice, Mapei 05 Chamois-Satin
You can complete the order form that best meets your needs here.
I do not see colors listed on your website. Where can I get a color chart?
We do not have color charts shown on our website due to the difference in how color is displayed on your screen and the true/actual color. We do have Color Cards for each product available for purchase.
Most colors can be ordered by the manufacturer information you are matching.
Most of our products can be ordered by Manufacturer Name and Color Name/Number of the surface you are matching the caulking to.
If you do not know that information, please visit your local Sherwin Williams Paint Store. Simply select a stock paint swatch that best represents the color you are needing. Then you may place your order using the Sherwin Williams Paint color name/number. This will insure that we are looking at the same color you are!
What if I need a Specialty Color or a Custom Color?
If we do not have a stock color to match your product, we will try to find a Specialty Color. If we have no stock or specialty color match, we can create a custom color to match your product.
- Specialty Colors range from $25-$85, plus your product total
- Specialty fees are per COLOR / per ORDER
- Some colors may require purchase of entire production run (+/-) Target Quantity
- Specialty Color Fees are based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- Current Production
- Custom Colors require a one-time $99 formulation fee
- Custom Colors may incur specialty fees on future orders
- Some colors may require purchase of entire production run (+/-) Target Quantity
*Please allow up to 5 business days lead time for Specialty & Custom Colors
Where do I send color samples to be matched and is there a cost for matching my sample?
Color Rite, Inc wants to ensure the product you are getting matches your sample exactly. In order to achieve this, we suggest sending in a sample to be matched. There is no charge for Color Rite, Inc. to match your sample. Please send samples to:
Color Rite, Inc.
Attn: Sample Dept
600 S. Ranchwood Blvd.
Yukon, OK. 73099
ALL samples REQUIRE a completed Sample Submission Form included with the sample to be matched.
Is there a minimum order amount?
There is not a minimum order amount for any of our regular stock colors.
How do I pay for my order?
- Customers can pay by cash, check, or any major credit card
- Customers can apply to open a Credit Account with Color Rite, Inc
- Complete the application here
- Color Rite, Inc. does not accept COD’S
How soon will my order ship?
- Most orders ship within 48 hours of receipt.
- Please allow up to 5 business days for Specialty and Custom colors.
- Expedited delivery services are available upon request.
- Please contact us at (405) 354-3644 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
How will my order ship?
We ship orders daily via FedEx or a Common Carrier LTL.
- We ship orders daily via FedEx. Most STOCK products ship the same day the order is received.
- Larger orders may ship by Common Carrier LTL.
- We DO NOT ship via USPS or UPS.
What product is best for outdoor applications?
- We recommend using Color Rite (acrylic).
- Color Rite is paintable within one hour, whereas pure silicone caulks can never be painted.
- Silicone Caulks (Color Sil, Poly-Sil and TR-800 Series) are oil based and tend to bleed an oily residue which will attract dirt and grime over time.
- Color Sil can be used on exterior applications on a case by case basis. Please contact us at (405) 354-3644 or email us at email@example.com to help determine which product is right for your application.
Can I use any of your products on sidewalks, driveways, patios, or around my pool?
- None of our products are approved to be used below grade or underwater.
- Color Rite (acrylic) is recommended for most exterior applications, but Color Sil (silicone) may be preferred in some cases.
- For Exterior applications, we recommend using caulk on vertical surfaces only; around doors, windows, siding, etc…
*Some surfaces may require sealing before applying caulk to reach optimal adhesion.
What will remove the old caulk/sealant?
- Latex/Acrylic : Many home improvement stores carry products to help in removal, such as a caulk removal tool. For residual acrylic caulk left behind, mineral spirits or lacquer thinner may be used, taking great care not to damage your substrate.
- Silicone : Silicone can be carefully scraped away with a razor blade, putty knife or other tool, taking great care not to damage your substrate. Silicone residue may also be removed with lacquer thinner on some surfaces.
ALWAYS test in an inconspicuous area before using any chemicals, tools, or cleaning products on any surface!
It is best to contact the manufacturer of your substrate to determine your best options for cleaning or residue removal.
Which product is better to use around my bathtub or shower surround?
- We recommend using our silicone products – Color Sil, Polysil, or TR-800 series for all wet applications.
- We DO NOT recommend using Color Rite (acrylic) in shower or tub areas.
For the best look, try our Color Sil- Sanded finish silicone to match the look of your Sanded grout, or our Color Sil – Satin finish silicone to mimic the look of unsanded grout!
Which product is better to use on floor applications?
- We recommend using Color Rite (acrylic). It dries firm, yet flexible, has great adhesion and is water clean-up. It has better durability for foot traffic and does not collect dust, dirt, or debris.
Will your products adhere to my existing caulk?
- Yes, but only as long as the existing caulk is not a silicone. It should also be dry, clean and free of any dust, dirt or debris. Also make sure it is not crumbling and/or losing adhesion.
Are any of your products waterproof?
- All of our silicone products (Color Sil, Poly-Sil and TR-800 Series) are waterproof, airtight, mold and mildew resistant, and will not shrink, crack or peel.
Can I paint over any of your products?
- Color Rite: Yes, within one hour of installation.
- Color Sil: No. Paint will not adhere to pure silicone caulks.
- PolySil: No. Paint will not adhere to pure silicone caulks.
- TR-800 Series: No. Paint will not adhere to pure silicone caulks.
The color of the Color Rite in the tube does not match the color I ordered. Why?
- Color Rite (acrylic) will dry darker. Please allow at least one hour of drying time to see the true color.
- All in-house color matches are done using the dried, fully cured color to ensure the best color match.
Why are there pin holes, or small gaps in the Color Rite bead I just installed?
- These pinholes are called caulk blisters. These are created by the improper application of the caulk bead that encapsulates small air pockets which are not filled during the tooling procedure. As the caulk cures, these blisters open up and are seen as small pin-sized holes.
- Color Rite should be used to fill the void completely, from the bottom up to avoid air pockets. Using our Perfect Bead Tool minimizes this problem.
- A second application may be made to fill in any gaps 24 hours after first installation.
Is Color Rite available in a sanded version?
- Yes, in 10.5 oz cartridges only. Simply order using the grout manufacturer, item number and color name.
- You can place all orders here.
When applying masking tape along the sides of a gap, void, or seam; how long should I wait to remove the tape?
- We recommend you remove the masking tape immediately after tooling. Immediate removal will keep the caulk from curing and adhering to the tape.
- If installing silicone, try our Mist and The Perfect Bead Tool. It can make silicone as easy to install as water based adhesives and does the clean-up as you do the tooling!
Are your products freeze/thaw stable?
- Color Rite (acrylic): YES! Color Rite acrylic caulk will cycle (freeze/thaw) 5 times before deteriorating or losing stabilizing properties.
- Poly-Sil, Color Sil, & TR-800 (silicone): YES! Our silicone products show NO signs of deterioration when exposed to freezing temperatures, even for extended periods of time. In fact, our silicone will not freeze, and the cooler temperature actually helps to extend the shelf life. We recommend freezing your product before and after use if you would like to extend its life and usability.
*All products should be allowed to acclimate to room temperature before installation for optimal results.
What is the cure time for silicone products?
- Color Sil, Poly-Sil and TR-800 Series – Skin over begins within 5 minutes of application. Tooling should be done in a timely manner to avoid skin over. These products dry to touch in 1 hour, and cure and bond in 24 hours. Allow 7 days for maximum cure. We recommend you keep moisture away from it for 24 hours.
- Curing time will depend upon bead size, humidity, temperature etc.
What is the difference between Poly-Sil and Color Sil?
- Color Sil is a solid color silicone available in three finishes (Smooth, Sanded, Satin)
- Poly-Sil is a unique formulation utilizing different colored particulates suspended in a translucent base. This product is multi-colored.
What is the PH level of Mist?
- Mist has a PH level of 10 (Neutral is 7 and water is 8-9).